Somewhere between a traditional Cà Phê Sữa Đá — Vietnamese iced coffee made with sweetened condensed milk — and Sinh Tố, or fruit-based shakes, lies the perfect balance of both. Using Nam Coffee’s premium coffee beans sourced from the highlands of Đà Lạt, this combination drink offers the perfect balance of bold, single-origin coffee muddled with fresh fruit to celebrate the end of summer. A few fruits that work well with this recipe include avocado, strawberry, or durian, but feel free to include whatever fruit you prefer.
- Phin Filter (optional, but recommended)
- 2.5 oz Nam Coffee, blend of your choice
- 80g–100g Your choice of fruit
- 2 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 20g granulated sugar
- 3 oz milk, either plant-based or dairy
- Using any Nam Coffee roast, brew a double shot of espresso or use Nam Coffee’s phin filter to brew Vietnamese coffee in the traditional manner.
- In a large, tall glass, muddle the fruit of your choice. Avocado, strawberry, and durian work well for this recipe, but feel free to use any fruit of your choosing.
- Pour condensed milk and granulated sugar over the muddled fruit and gently stir to combine.
- Add ice to the condensed milk mixture.
- Pour your preferred milk into the glass.
- Pour your freshly brewed espresso shots on top.